FATAL ERROR: Invalid Configuration path\filename:
Erik Atkins
2003-08-06 14:29:16 UTC
I receive that error when a user uses a different computer to run AutoCAD.

Here is the scenario: A particular user normaly uses his own workstaion
where his roaming profile is located under c:\document and
settings\afeingold.medford\. Because that machine is not the most powerful
one we have he needs to temporarily use another computer which is available
this week. When he logs in the system stores his profile under c:\document
and settings\afeingold\. Therefore, when he attempts to run Autocad in the
other computer he receives the following error -
---------------------------
AutoCAD Error Aborting
---------------------------
FATAL ERROR: Invalid Configuration path\filename: C:\Documents and
Settings\afeingold.MEDFORD\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk
Land Desktop 2004\R16.0\enu\

My question is, how can I have it look into the current user's profile (say
with a system variable) and not a hard coded path.

Your help is appreciated
Jimmy B
2003-08-06 16:21:02 UTC
This will probably help.

Updated UserData.dll File to Resolve Configuration Path Error
http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=DL404042
http://support.autodesk.com/getDoc.asp?id=TS80278

--
Best Regards, Jimmy B
CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com
Take a look at the trial version of SmartPurger (now for AutoCAD 2004) or
download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com
More on AutoCAD 2004;
www.jtbworld.com/autocad2004.htm
www.jtbworld.com/autocad2004tips.htm
Your help is appreciated
Erik Atkins
CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com
Take a look at the trial version of SmartPurger (now for AutoCAD 2004) or
download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com
More on AutoCAD 2004;
Your help is appreciated
sint
2003-09-17 13:22:20 UTC
This didn't work for me. <BR>
We are running xp prof. on our systems. <BR>
and still i get the same message. <BR>
I followed the procedure that comes with the dll, but none of it happens. <p>plz HELP